Updated February 23, 2021
The following rules and procedures apply to users, renters, and operators of the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex (HRSC).
Failure to comply with these rules and procedures will result in the individual or group to be asked to leave the property. Failure to comply and/or refusal to leave when told will result in the termination of the associated game as well as the potential for further bans from using the soccer complex in the future.
Rules and Procedures
- All users must adhere to all Federal, State, and Local ordinances, executive orders, and/or regulations related to COVID-19.
- All persons over the age of 4 entering the HRSC property must wear an approved face covering at all times when not actively participating in physical activity on the field, including walking to and from the field, in all restrooms, and while on the sidelines. Masks are not required for players on the field of play during games or high intensity practices.
- There is a limit of 250 spectators per field.
- No congregating before or after your permitted field time. This includes no team talks after games. Team huddles should be avoided as much as possible and must maintain social distance of 6 feet when team huddles prove necessary.
- Teams may not move to the field area, including the sidelines of the field until all players and coaches from the previous game have left the field area. All participants should stay in their cars until the field is empty.
- Please maintain a 6-feet distance when walking to and from the field.
- Team benches have been removed from HRSC. Portable team benches are prohibited to be used by teams. Players and coaches must maintain social distancing guidelines of a 6-feet distance while on the sidelines. Players equipment should be spaced at least 6 feet apart on the sidelines.
- Each player should be assigned an area on the field to place their equipment, bags, water bottles, etc. All equipment should be marked with the players name and equipment should not be shared.
- Centralized hydration stations, i.e. communal water coolers are not allowed. Players should bring their own water bottles with their names clearly marked on the container. Water bottles cannot be shared between players. The water fountains at HRSC are turned off.
- The renting party shall be responsible for certifying that health checks are completed prior to all participants entering the facility. Health checks should certify that all visitors to the facility have not had any COVID-19 symptoms or come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days or has a temperature greater than 100.3 degrees. Individuals who are sick or simply not feeling well must stay home. Individuals who are at risk or immunocompromised are advised to stay home.
- The renting party shall maintain copies of each team’s roster detailing the names of all players, coaches, and team officials present for each game for contact tracing purposes.
HRSC Safety Enhancements
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed around the facility near the restrooms, picnic pavilions, concession stand and main office.
- HRSC facility staff will be doing more frequent cleaning of restrooms. Please be patient during these cleaning processes as the restrooms will be closed during these times.
- HRSC staff will be onsite to remind visitors of the facility rules, answer questions, and assist guests as needed.
- It is strongly recommended that parents/guardians bring their own player(s) to practice and not carpool.
- Please ensure that all players and coaches report to the field dressed and ready to participate.
- It is recommend having sanitizing options available for your players and coaches in addition to the dispensers installed at the HRSC. This may include but is not limited to:
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant wipes to be used to wipe down all equipment
- Recommend that each player label his/her equipment that they are using for practice.
- We recommend that when players and coaches return home, they remove and launder their clothes and take a shower. In addition, they should sanitize any additional equipment (e.g. cleats, shin guard, gloves, balls etc.) before and after training.
- Please be vigilant in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus by practicing good hygiene as recommended by CDC guidelines. CDC guidelines can be found here:
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone who has had signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Please see CDC guidelines for specific COVID-19 symptoms.
- Coaches and players, please check your temperature prior to leaving for scheduled games on a HRSC field. If your temperature is 100.3 degrees or higher, you are not allowed to participate in an activity on a HRSC field for a minimum of 14 days.