Hampton Roads Soccer Complex Sports Turf Manager – NEW! – 3/23/2022
Position: Sports Turf Manager
Type: Full time
Salary Range: $40,000-45,000
Benefits: Annual leave, sick days, holidays, company sponsored health insurance and retirement plan with match, company provided cell phone
Schedule: Typically, Monday-Friday 7am-3pm. Nights and weekends sometimes required
The Hampton Roads Soccer Complex is a 75-acre facility located in the beautiful city of Virginia Beach that is privately operated by the Hampton Roads Soccer Council (a 501c3 non-profit organization). Our facility has 2 turf fields with lights and 22 Bermuda grass fields. We host tournaments, league matches, practices, camps, and clinics for athletes of all ages. In addition, the Hampton Roads Soccer Council is proud to host the North American Sand Soccer Championships that are held every June at the Virginia Beach oceanfront.
- Assist with the sports turf management program for 22 Bermuda grass fields, 2 artificial turf fields and landscaped areas.
- Duties include sports field maintenance, turf grass management, sod cutting and installation, irrigation management, mowing, sports field marking and layout, fertilizing, seeding, aeration, spraying and topdressing.
- Assist in event setups, including setting up tables and chairs, picking up trash and cleaning restrooms.
- Position requires obtaining a pesticide applicator’s license from VDACS for 3-B within 6 months of hire.
- This position will report to the HRSC Superintendent and will work alongside the Operations Manager.
- Supervise and support crew members to perform their best through proper training and guidance
- Extensive knowledge of warm season grass management
- Execute regular mowing and trimming and implementing best practices for fertilization, pest management, and cultural services
- Knowledge of athletic field irrigation systems, programming, pump station maintenance and general repair
- Monitor, report and resolve field issues such as turf stress, disease, irrigation problems and pest management issues
- Proficiently operate and have general maintenance knowledge of turf equipment including but not limited to tractors, sprayers, carts, fields mowers, common area mowers, z mowers and various small equipment
- 4 plus years of supervisory experience in a turf related field
- Athletic field or golf course experience
- Turfgrass related education preferred
- Microsoft Office
- Submit resume and 3 references to Travis@soccercomplex.org. No phone calls please.
The Hampton Roads Soccer Council is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.